IF you aren’t excited about the royal wedding, then look away!
As the editor of the local paper, my anticipation levels are through the roof. We’re busy planning lots of souvenir specials, magazines, and our online coverage on the day.
Rarely is there such build-up for an event; but Meghan Markle (as we’ll discuss in a later post) has captured our hearts – and the designers she wears have captured our hard-earned wages!
Although details of the wedding dress are being kept tightly under wraps (….it would be crazy to postpone my wedding dress shopping until after so I can follow in Meghan’s fashionable footsteps, right?…right?) – many other details about the big day have now been released.
So, here’s what we know so far:
- The wedding takes place on Saturday, May 19 (same date as the FA Cup final. Other half can’t believe it)
- The ceremony will be at noon, at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, conducted by the Dean of Windsor (vows presided over by the Archbishop of Canterbury)
- At 1pm, the happy couple will embark on a carriage tour of Windsor on a route including Castle Hill, High Street, Sheet Street, Kings Road, Albert Road, Long Walk and finally Windsor Castle
- The wedding breakfast will be at St George’s Hall and then there’ll be a party hosted by Prince Charles
- Up to 100,000 people are expected to come to Windsor for the big day (if you’ve ever been to Windsor, you’ll be wondering how they’re all going to squeeze in!)